Friday, November 9, 2007

EasyBib.com

The English Department is probably aware of these sites that make it easy for students to create a works cited list in MLA format. There are other sites like EasyBib but this one works pretty well for MLA and is free. You have to upgrade to use APA. Some teachers have cautioned that some of these sites create incorrect bibliographies but from what I've seen, this one is pretty accurate. There is also debate among some teachers as to whether teachers should allow students to use these kinds of tools. Some students even said they feel like they are cheating if they use these tools. This reminds me of the old calculator debates. I say go for it...I know if I was writing a paper in college I would be all over this type of tool.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template